08 July 2009

polaroid swinger model 20.

I have been at my parents' house for a few days.
today I was baking my special lemon cookies, when I found out we were out of flour. I went to ask for it to my dear old neighboor lucy and she made me a very unexpected and lovely surprise. she gave me an old polaroid swinger model 20, that somebody gifted her with a long time ago.

the polaroid bag is fantastic and inside of it I found all these treasures, even the original manual. the polaroid looks new, also because lucy told me she has almost never used it. I wish I could find the film for it, but I don't know if it would be possible: it is a special roll film just for polaroid model 20. I will be hunting for roll film around the world, meanwhile I am just happy I got such an awesome unexpected gift.

P.S. if you like polaroid cameras as much as I do, check this blog out: different viewfinders.

9 comments:

  1. i seriously hope u find film for this beauty. cant wait to see what u can do with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i hope so too (: if you hear anything from anyone, let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's pretty hard to find that film, because it was discontinued in 1970. but if we manage to find an empty cartidge we can try to shoot some 120 mm ;)

    intrigued? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, I'd be interested to hear about nay conversion attempts, this is such a cute camera. I have one too and would love to make it a shooter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous18.11.09

    Hello, I'm Laura from Holland. I found my Swinger 20 a couple of days ago in the attic and I was wondering if you've heard something about a film or possibility for a conversion somehow, yet.. I'd love to use mine too!! I'll be checking your blog! :) Greetz, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Rick and Laura,
    sorry for the late reply...
    unfortunately I haven't found any other replacement for the original film :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got one roll of Series 20 film. I am now looking for the manual.
    Do you happen to have more scanned images of the manual?

    I want to know how to load the roll (proper directions).

    When I take some pictures, I will share with you :)
    Its a 1976 expired roll. Not sure how good it will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      I am so sorry but I don't have the manual with me anymore.
      let me know how your film testing works! :-)

      Delete