01 October 2009

birdhouse.

I like to spend my evenings doing quiet things such has writing, drawing or baking.
here's what me and Jacopo did yesterday: a little birdhouse. we built it and paint it afterwards.


in the north everyone has at least one birdhouse per garden. it was a pleasure for the eyes to see those lovely birds rest to get food and water. once we even saw a whole group of little red birdhouses called "birds hotel". it was heart-warming.
*in milano people want to get rid of birds: they even sell poison against them. I think that somebody who doesn't like birds is a bad person.

9 comments:

  1. ppl who dont liek animals n so should all die.
    but poison them omg isnt that like totally illegal ro sthg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. :( it's so sad...and they also have these sort of spikes they put on balconies and stuff so that pigeons won't rest there. It's so unfair. people hates pigeons. I think they're lovely just like other birds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best birdhouse (:
    I think is pretty good looking and Jaarmo will love it as soon as he will try to fly a bit outside of his cage (;

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg. jaarmo s gonna fly outside his cage? that sounds really wonderful for him. yay. so there ll b a free bird in ur gaff. woohoo.

    in athens they hang some crazy cds to scare pigeons off. but dont worry really they r still everywhere. i dont think man can mess with birds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes (: jaarmo is flying outside his cage sometime...the problem is that my housemate paul hates it. and so I have to wait when he's not in the house...

    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. mum's little bird regina died today. she just told me. very sad story. well can we please let jaarmo out for a sec when i m there? secretly? can he be touched or is he wild?

    ReplyDelete
  7. he's so wild. he flies up to the lamp light and he stays there polishing is feathers :-P but he's so cute!
    Im so sorry for the bird that died :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you made that in one evening! It's lovely. I love hearing bird's sing, sometimes at night I can hear an owl hooting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow. that is awesome (: an owl! where do you live? in milano i can't here any bir but my Jaarmo <3

    ReplyDelete