30 March 2012

glass blowing workshop 01.

my department has organized a glass blowing workshop: today we had the first studio session. I had never worked with glass before: it was extremely interesting and pleasant to be in the glass studio with my friends. I decided to take some photographs to document each session - today I have taken many!
my 8 favourite shots from today:

✻ I will upload 8 photos every time.
today I have learnt how to gather the glass onto the pipe - which isn't as easy as it seems.
I am looking forward to the next studio session - next thursday!

10 comments:

  1. oh how interessting ! i always thought it looked tiring to blow glass, like it's not a piece of cake ! so nice you have the opportunity to do that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pipes are heavy and the studio is very hot - but the whole experience of working with glass is amazing! :-)

      Delete
  2. May I come to take pictures next time? It's a shame I can't get to attend these kind of things :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you are able to come, then you are more than welcome! :-)

      Delete
  3. BELLISSIMO. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. settimana prossima, il giorno che arrivi a Helsinki, sono tutto il giorno al workshop. ho giĆ  chiesto ad Harri: ha detto che puoi venire a vedere se vuoi! :-)

      Delete
    2. wow cant wait to see what you're making! it looks fantastic n so much fun!!!

      Delete
    3. at the moment, I am only trying to learn the basics... but it is fun! :-)

      Delete
  4. glass blowing! i've always wanted to try it (that and pottery).

    it looks extremely difficult, though...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is quite hard, but I guess you get use to it after a while... it is beautiful from the start though! ;-)

      Delete