24 October 2012

home-made postcards from lapland.

lately I have some spare time to dedicate to one of my favourite activities: the writing and decorating of letters and postcards - on rainy days especially. I have been preparing a few hand-made postcards with the photographs I have taken in Kilpisjärvi - I think my friends will be happy to get them via snail mail.
home-made postcards from Lapland:

✻ I have chosen my favourite 8 photographs among all I have taken.

✻ in my opinion the best thing about home-made postcards is that there is nothing perfect nor clean about them.
I was quite disappointed to hear that all the tables for the Christmas Market in TAIK were already booked - I would have loved to bring some of these home-made postcards. last year I brought twenty of my Christmas Bird Cards and sold them all for 50 cents each - it is not a question of money but it makes me happy to see people like the little things I make!

16 comments:

  1. I think it's a wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Polly I absolutely love these! I would buy some from you if you sold them! The images are gorgeous, especially in circle form. I actually just completed making a christmas postcard set for my shop, but I had it printed for me. I wish I could find a more economical way to print them though- what methods do you use when making your postcards?
    Keep up the beautiful work! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Valerie! it means a lot to hear this from you! :-) as for the printing, I have a laser printer at home, which saves a lot of money and time! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Polly, you should definitely sell these on Etsy as well!

    They are too wonderful!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Charlyn! :-) I will think about putting them on etsy! ;-)

      Delete
  4. mi piacciono tutte moltissimo e la cornice a cerchio le impreziosice ancora di più :) quella del mare è semplicemente wow *-*
    brava Pollyni <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww Emi, grazie! :-) sono felice che ti piacciano tanto! :-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards of beautiful photos!
    I understand what you mean with selling. I have also sold sometimes self made cards and got so happy of just seeing someone like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Sirpa! :-) I am glad you understand the meaning of my words too: when you feel like somebody else appreciates your works, it's just beautiful! :-)

      Delete
  6. I love these!

    I just noticed that in Kääntöpaikka in Arabia, there will be a christmas crafts sale on Dec 9. http://artova.fi/kaantopaikka/ajankohtaista/3270-kaantopaikan-joulumyyjaiset
    Maybe you could apply for a table there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Anna! :-)
      I didn't know about this Kääntöpaikka before - but I will check it out now! thank you for the suggestion! :-)

      Delete
  7. what a great idea and they are super pretty, genius!

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete