01 November 2012

botanic garden series.

last week the weather was particularly sunny: on thursday afternoon I decided to take my Nikon FM for a tour of the Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden and the Winter Garden in Töölö - glass houses look even better when the sun shines through them. I spent monday afternoon in my darkroom: I had a lovely and very productive time there - see some of the prints below.
Botanic Garden series:

ilford HP5 - darkroom prints.
it doesn't matter how many times I visit it - Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden remains one of my favourite places in Helsinki.
P.S. photographs from the Winter Garden to come soon in a new post!

10 comments:

  1. quelle degli interni sono fantastiche. la luce è stupenda e sembrano di un'altra epoca. non c'è niente da fare il bianco e nero per le costruzioni in vetro è top. *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie, Emi! sono molto felice che ti piacciano! :-)

      Delete
  2. Love greenhouses ! this serie is beautiful, especially the third & the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Birdie! :-) who doesn't love greenhouses? ;-)

      Delete
  3. Wow. What a lovely way to pass an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :-) I adore spending time at the Botanic Garden, it's such a wonderful place!

      Delete
  4. I love all of these photos!
    It must be such a calming place to spend an afternoon....

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear Charlyn! :-) it was indeed a beautiful and relaxing afternoon!

      Delete
  5. i really love your b&w photos... they're full of contrast but yet so soft at the same time :)
    the light and textures look exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your lovely words, dear Joana! :-)

      Delete