06 December 2012

snow at the botanic garden part 2.

two days ago I have shared some snowy photographs - which I took last week during my stroll around the park of the botanic garden in Kaisaniemi. now I would like to post here some more photographs of that day from inside the glass house.
photographs of that snowy day at the botanic garden from the glass house:

✻ Nikon FM - Fuji Superia 1600.
walking inside the glass house when the snow is falling outside and it has already covered the roof of the building makes me feel absolutely at peace. I can gaze at the frozen landscape outside through the windows while surrounded by lush green plants and the white snowy light creates a new magical atmosphere. that day I spent almost two hours wandering in the glass house and I loved it - because of the heat and the humidity I had to wait for a while before my NIKON FM's lenses stopped getting all steamy.
I will definitely go back to the botanic garden many more times this winter: I am very fond of that place!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, what a beautiful contrast! Now I want to visit a botanical garden / greenhouse too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :-) is there a botanic garden near where you live?

      Delete
  2. <3 come la prima volta che l'ho visto!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, Sirpa! you should visit it, next time you pass by Helsinki! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Two hours inside the glass dome sound so serene! I would have loved to have been there and see the beautiful plants surrounded by snow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would like it, Valerie! :-) I wonder if there's a botanic garden next to where you live - yet you probably don't need a glass house for tropical plants, or do you?

      Delete
  5. What an amazing place, so quiet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! probably my favourite place to be in the whole of Helsinki! :-)

      Delete
  6. everything is so green ♥♥♥

    i love botanic gardens. i must visit ours, it's been too long


    ps. i'm in love with the first photo, it's magical ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Toi! :-) botanic gardens are the best! ♥

      Delete