14 November 2010

isän päivä.

today google gets a special look:

it is Father's Day here in finland - in italy it is the 19th of march.

a beautiful photograph of my dad - when my sister and me were born he quit smoking the pipe.
I want to dedicate this post to my dad because I believe he deserves more than just one Father's Day: he his a wonderful man and he always has a wise word to incourage me to follow my dreams.
ti voglio bene papà!

my dad and I especially share the love for animals and the taste for good sweets and cakes.

✻ my dad's favourite cake recipe translated in english for Passer Domesticus readers.
since today we can't celebrate together with a slice of fioretto cake - I promise I am going to bake some finnish sweets for him when I visit my family for Christmas.

7 comments:

  1. hyvää isänpäivä sinun isällesi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sinun isällesi myös! mutta minun isä on mailman parempi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. polly wow. i love the photo with the pipe. also going to try out ur cake. u r good with baking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a lovely post polly <3
    i love my dad so much too (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. amanda thank you :) you should defenetly try the anise cake: it is delcious!

    maisa dear <3 dads are the best!

    ReplyDelete